Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center
Bệnh viện ở Manila, Philipines
From the 1950s onward, there were progressive improvements in the facilities and buildings of the CGH: the inauguration of the Cu Unjieng Chest Pavilion (1953), the Cheng Tsai Jun Memorial 100-bed Charity Wards, the New Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center, the 3-story Emergency Building through the creative efforts of Dr. Vicente Dy Sun, Sr., the 6-story School of Nursing Building, and the 6-story annex to the Main Building under the presidency of Mr. Tuan Cheng Yu (1983). Now in the new millennium, the hospital continues to expand its breadth of charity work to particularly assist the families of policemen, firemen, and others. For more than a century, the Chinese General Hospital, through its directors, has never wavered on its noble mission: to provide help and humanitarian service to the members of the society who are in most need of them.